Randa Magdi’s painting practice investigates portraits. She is influenced by Fauvism. Passionate about and obsessed with colour, she avoids restrictions to the rules or methods of art convention. She recently reinvestigated her love for art, and painting and is a prolific painter, who creates work daily. Rich hues and patterns ordain asymmetrical irregular faces. Randa verbally expresses the following, “freaks of nature, I feel we all have uneven faces.” Experience in the film industry gave her a love for facial expressions and pattern making. Her playful irregularity of the human face and love for neo-expressionist and polychromatic style seem unorthodox but portray a festive imagination and attraction. Randa is not interested in perfection and is intent on the naivety of her practice as pure creativity beyond her control.
Art bio - all have taken place in NSW, Australia:
• International Women’s Day Group Show, The Entrance March 2020
• La Carta Gallery, Wyong each exhibition since 2020 to present.
• Received highly commended cash prize in 2020 at La Carta Gallery, Wyong
• Shorthyme, Norah Head two exhibitions in 2020
• “Same But Different, group show August 21-30, 2020 Showroom Gallery, Newcastle
• Solo exhibition, Crazy Corona Capers, The Entrance April 24 to June 7, 2021
• 2022 Bodies a exhibition at The Wyong Art House - now until February 28, 2022