People, their emotions and thought processes constantly intrigue me. By taking on the observer's position, I manage to appreciate their circumstances and struggles. This way I am able to see them in their unique context.
It’s essential to me to seek and discover meaning and beauty in the most painful situations and darkest nights of our earthly existence.
Current issues of the day, addressing injustice, creating awareness about certain aspects of life, for instance, mental health, abuse, fear, angst, loss and grief, are all themes that I aim to convey in my work. I feel passionate about the global refu-gee crisis, the increasing suicide rate, growing intolerance and the threat of the global rising of fascism.
In short, mainly about the human condition, regardless of age, race, culture, or re-ligion. I need to give it an image, make it concrete.
It can be seen as gloomy topics or themes by the general public. To me however, all these aspects are part of Life. I aim to turn unspeakable and unapproachable topics into Life-and Love-affirming works.
In order to do that, I need to dig deep into my own psyche, confront my own fears and hopes, and work through them in order to tackle these themes with integrity and authenticity.
LIZE received her BA FINE ART Degree in 1988 in South Africa.
Shehad numerous solo exhibitions and partook in various group exhibitions through the years. In the early 2000’s and before she moved to the UK in 2014, she taught art lessons to students of a quadriplegic facility, and a centre for un-derage rape victims. After a silence of ten years, she started her career in the arts again in 2018, by accepting a Commission from the Directors of The Lost Gardens of Heligan
• Inclusion in the 3rd Annual Women Artists - 15th Quarterly Art Competition 2020, Online Juried Art Exhibition.
• 44Degree Art Exhibition - solo, 2020
• Castle Gallery - solo - 2020 https:// www.framingcastle.co.uk/castle-gallery
• To be featured in “The Best Modern and Contemporary Artists 2021”.
• Invited to be part of the International Art Catalog WE CONTEMPORARY, by Musa Artspace and exhibition in March 2021. Participating in the WE CON-TEMPORARY artshow in Vienna in 2021
• Invited to exhibit at the COLORIDA Art Gallery in Lisbon, Portugal, 4-17 Dec 2021
• Will be participating in the Spectrum Brooklyn Art Fair by World Wide Art Promotion, INC, in Sept 2021.
• Participating in THE ARTBOX PROJECT Art Fair in Geneva ( Postponed to August 2021 ) Featured in THE ARTMARKET Magazine - http:// artmarket-mag.com/
• Commission for the Directors of The Lost Gardens Of Heligan - https://reckless- gardener.co.uk/evocative-armistice-exhibition- at-heligan/
• Participating in the VALENTINE virtual exhibition by HansfordandSons-Feb2021:Valentine- 3D virtual exhibition by Hansford And Sons Fine Art | art.spaces | KUNSTMATRIX
• Participating in the Venice Art Fair 2021
• Participating in Online Exhibition Infinite Dreams by Contemporary Art Cura-tor Magazine. https:// www.contemporaryartcuratormagazine.com/ online-exhibition-infinite-dreams/lize-kruger
• Being featured in SPOTLIGHT MAGAZINE by the CIRCLE FOUNDATION.
• Chosen to participate in The TOKYO ART EXPO during May 2021
• Participating in the VAA SPRING 2021 online exhibition and chosen as one of the Curators Choice Artists.
• Receiving the 2021 Collector's Vision International Art Award, recognising and encouraging the outstanding achievements and potential of today’s art-ists wherever they might live and work.
• Participate in the 3rd International Fine Art Cannes Biennale during the Cannes Film Festival 2022.
• Selected to exhibited at the FIABCN 2021 in Barcelona
• Invited to partake in the Florence Biennale 2021